The ATO has advised that they will begin cancelling the ABNs of approximately 220,000 trusts, where there is evidence those trusts are no longer carrying on an enterprise.
Trust ABNs will be cancelled from February, where information available indicates that, for the last two years, the trust has not lodged BASs and/or trust income tax returns.
The ATO will send a letter if an ABN has been cancelled, including the reason for the cancellation, and a phone number to ring to get the ABN reinstated immediately if the recipient does not agree with the decision.
- Overtime Meal Allowance Amounts
- Cents per km deduction rate for motor vehicle expenses
- The 'sharing economy' in the ATO's sights
- Tax time is prime time for scams
- ATO warns about iTunes scammers
- ATO reminder about 30 June SuperStream deadline
- New Simpler BAS on the way
- ATO's continuing focus on trust property developers
- SMSFs and Collectables – last opportunity to comply!
- Contractor payments data matching program