The Tax Commissioner has announced the release of the ATO's new 'Employee or Contractor' homepage, which has been developed to help address areas of confusion and "highlight common reasons businesses get the employee or contractor decision wrong".
The Commissioner stated that the "Employee or Contractor" homepage has all the information businesses need in one place to help them determine if their workers are employees or contractors, including:
- the basics – things every business needs to know;
- common reasons businesses get the decision wrong;
- industry specific information;
- an Employee/Contractor decision tool which will guide businesses in making their decisions; and
- a summary of the obligations businesses need to meet for their employee or contractor.
- Overtime Meal Allowance Amounts
- Cents per km deduction rate for motor vehicle expenses
- The 'sharing economy' in the ATO's sights
- Tax time is prime time for scams
- ATO warns about iTunes scammers
- ATO reminder about 30 June SuperStream deadline
- New Simpler BAS on the way
- ATO's continuing focus on trust property developers
- SMSFs and Collectables – last opportunity to comply!
- Contractor payments data matching program