The ATO has advised that it is continuing its Contractor payments data-matching program.
It will acquire data from businesses that it visits as part of its employer obligations compliance program during the 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 financial years.
The data collected from businesses is used to identify contractors that may not be meeting their taxation obligations through:
- ·not registering correctly with the ATO;
- ·non-lodgment of returns;
- failing to report payments received; and
- ·not paying amounts of tax due to the ATO.
This is an ongoing data matching program and has been conducted for more than five years.
- Overtime Meal Allowance Amounts
- Cents per km deduction rate for motor vehicle expenses
- The 'sharing economy' in the ATO's sights
- Tax time is prime time for scams
- ATO warns about iTunes scammers
- ATO reminder about 30 June SuperStream deadline
- New Simpler BAS on the way
- ATO's continuing focus on trust property developers
- SMSFs and Collectables – last opportunity to comply!
- Contractor payments data matching program