The ATO has announced that it will continue to acquire details of entities that receive contractor payments from other businesses for the 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16 financial years.
The data that will be obtained includes:
- Australian Business Number (ABN) of the payer business;
- ABN of the payee business (contractor);
- Name, address and telephone details of the contractor;
- Dates of payments to the contractor; and
- Amounts paid (including details of whether the payment included GST).
The ATO estimates that records for approximately 25,000 entities will be obtained each year, including the records for approximately 12,500 individuals.
The purpose of this data matching program is to ensure that taxpayers are correctly meeting their taxation obligations in relation to contractor payments.
- Overtime Meal Allowance Amounts
- Cents per km deduction rate for motor vehicle expenses
- The 'sharing economy' in the ATO's sights
- Tax time is prime time for scams
- ATO warns about iTunes scammers
- ATO reminder about 30 June SuperStream deadline
- New Simpler BAS on the way
- ATO's continuing focus on trust property developers
- SMSFs and Collectables – last opportunity to comply!
- Contractor payments data matching program