The Government has recently amended the SIS Regulations to impose further requirements on self managed superannuation funds (SMSFs) from the 2012/13 income year.
The new regulations require that:
q trustees of SMSFs must consider insurance for their members as part of the fund’s investment strategy;
q money and other assets of an SMSF is to be kept separate from those held by a trustee personally (and by some employers); and
q SMSF assets are to be valued at market value for reporting purposes.
- Overtime Meal Allowance Amounts
- Cents per km deduction rate for motor vehicle expenses
- The 'sharing economy' in the ATO's sights
- Tax time is prime time for scams
- ATO warns about iTunes scammers
- ATO reminder about 30 June SuperStream deadline
- New Simpler BAS on the way
- ATO's continuing focus on trust property developers
- SMSFs and Collectables – last opportunity to comply!
- Contractor payments data matching program